Freight People Open Forum
Freight People unites people of all skillsets and job rolls, who work in the transport and logistics industry and are passionate about safety and compliance, continuous professional development and discussing with likeminded individuals to share support, discuss challenges and best practice solutions.
Hosted by industry professional Lesley O’Brien OBE FCILT, director at Freightlink Europe and Freight Train, the forum meets on a monthly basis to interact and listen to a presentation on an industry hot topic, supported by a range of industry expert sponsors on hand to answer questions.
Tip-ex Tank-ex Hot Topic: Collision investigation and prevention - the importance of the 'golden hour' in fact gathering and protecting legally privileged information
- What is your strategy, policy and procedures with regard to collision investigation?
- Are you only focussing on liability? – whose fault…their fault…not our fault?
- Do you investigate all claims, only damage or injury claims, all near misses, none?
- Do you offer continuous professional development to drivers to promote driver and road safety, preventing incidents on the road?
- Charlotte Lemaire, Arch Fleet – protecting your legally privileged information
- Andrew Drewary, Road Safety Smart – the importance of thorough impartial investigation
- David Somers, Road Skills Online – don’t wait for an incident to occur before implementing preventative measure
Our Panel of sponsors shall be on hand to answer any questions, and share top tips:
- Gareth Siddons, D.tec International, drug and alcohol testing - their mantra - ‘Policy, Educate, Deter and Detect’
- Marie Walsh, Consilia Legal, award-winning employment law and workplace mediation solicitors
- Claire Howarth, Novis & Co Accountants, offering a full range of accountancy solutions to serve the road transport industry
- Paul Nunn, Maple Security, Security solutions for the road transport and logistics industry
- Chris Leverett, Driven Asset Finance, B2B business finance - HP, Finance Lease, Re-finance, Operating Lease
- Chris Stephen, DAC Beachcroft, regulatory solicitor, health, safety and environment
- Jennifer Rawlinson, Flourish in Mind, Mental Health practitioner
- Bob Stringer, Motus Commercials, largest UK independent commercial vehicle dealer group and largest worldwide DAF dealership
As usual our Freight People forum shall include an update from Mike Dawber from the National Vehicle Crime Intelligence Service (NaVCIS), providing vital information on HGV crime hotspots and trends. Plus, Jennifer Rawlinson, Director and Mental Health Practitioner at Flourish Mental in Mind, providing our monthly top tip on driver and employee wellbeing.